Need my Suspended License Back
- question from 3/22/2020 by Marcos, filed under Drivers License test and Drivers License
I need my driver's license back and I want to take steps necessary to get it abck
I was currently going to traffic school class here in Redlands CA. It became overwhelming so I didn't return there. Now it's been a couple years since and I'm in the process of owning a new car. So, I need my driver's license back since it was suspended. What are the procedures necessary to get my drivers license back. If you can help that would be appreciated. Thank You, Marcos
A California driver’s license suspension is a temporary revocation of the privilege to operate a vehicle due to breach of certain laws and regulations. In other words: if you break the law bad enough, you will get your license taken away.
Before you start the process of reinstating your license, you first must wait through the suspension duration. Usually, the timeframe goes as follows:
• After your suspension period has ended, you can pursue California driver’s license reinstatement
• Reinstatement is not automatic - drivers are required to apply for a CA driver’s license reinstatement
to restore their driving privileges
• To reinstate your driver’s license, you must follow the reinstatement process which will differ based
on the reason for suspension
First things first: you must examine your suspension order to determine the reason for suspension and look for any special requirements for reinstating your driver’s license in California. CA driver’s license reinstatement procedures are not the same for all offenses. Therefore, you could have to take extra steps depending on the severity of your suspension. Below are the steps necessary to reinstate your license:
• Complete the suspension period
• Pay the license reinstatement fee
• Provide evidence of completing a required course, such as traffic school or a DUI/substance abuse
• Provide proof of car insurance - usually for a DUI or for driving without car insurance. You may need
to provide form SR-22 Proof of Financial Responsibility
• File a satisfactory Driver Medical Evaluation or other medical information - if your license was
suspended due to a physical or mental injury
• Resolve all criminal charges
Have a good day from TrafficSchool.com-TVS #E1393.
* This question and answer may have been modified to remove any identifying personal information of the person asking the question.
** The information contained within this FAQ is up to date as of 3/22/2020. We always recommend that you get the latest information available by contacting TrafficSchool.com, the DMV, or Court directly.
SEARCH MATCHED: TRAFFIC SCHOOL DMV HOW TO QUESTIONS for DRIVERS LICENSE and SUSPENDED LICENSE and DRIVERS LICENSE TEST on Saturday, February 24, 2024.
Similar Searches for Drivers License test and Drivers License and Suspended License
No One Wants to Go to Traffic School, But You'll Love Our Online Traffic School and Defensive Driving.
Thousands of independent, verified reviews from real California Traffic School students
~ Lina S. in California ~
~ Jane G. in Los Angeles ~
fast & easy
~ Mark B. in Downey, CA ~