Eligible for traffic school again
- question from 11/1/2020 by Stephanie, filed under 18 months and Eligibility
How do I re-sign in under my previous account as I have used your site 2x thus far and its really fast and easy so I want to keep my info together
Hi there I took your CA online drivers school back in august/sept. I have another traffic ticket and I am somehow showing on my ticket as eligible for traffic school again. How do I re-sign up under my previous account as I have used your site 2x thus far and its really fast and easy so I want to keep my info together?
Unfortunately, you would not be eligible for traffic school for your second ticket and a point for the citation will be on your driving record for 3 years. The DMV only allows you to take traffic school once every 18 months which is calculated from the violation dates.
The courts also have a disclaimer about this advising you to only pay the admin fee if you have not taken traffic school for a prior ticket issued within 18 months. Even if you take traffic school and the court dismisses the case in their system for the second ticket; the DMV will not remove the point since traffic school has already been applied to the first ticket.
From the California Superior Court website:::
HOW DO I FIND OUT IF I’M ALLOWED TO ATTEND TRAFFIC SCHOOL?
The clerk can authorize an 8 hour traffic violator school if the defendant is a licensed driver, the offense is an infraction pertaining to the California Vehicle Code rules of the road and equipment violations and the violation is reportable to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
You are ineligible if:
• The violation carries more than one point count with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
• The violation occurred within 18 months after the date of a previous violation in which you
previously elected to attend traffic school.
• The violation is related to alcohol or drug use or possession.
• You have failed to appear by the scheduled appearance date and a civil assessment has been added
and not paid.
• The violation is for speeding in excess of 25 miles over a speed limit.
• The violation occurred in a commercial vehicle.
Please let us know if you have any further questions. Have a good day from TrafficSchool.com-TVS #E1393.
* This question and answer may have been modified to remove any identifying personal information of the person asking the question.
** The information contained within this FAQ is up to date as of 11/1/2020. We always recommend that you get the latest information available by contacting TrafficSchool.com, the DMV, or Court directly.
SEARCH MATCHED: TRAFFIC SCHOOL ORANGE COUNTY HOW TO QUESTIONS for ELIGIBILITY and TWO TICKETS and 18 MONTHS on Sunday, June 4, 2023.
Similar Searches for 18 months and Eligibility and Two Tickets
Traffic School Answers Home
Ask a New Traffic School Question
No One Wants to Go to Traffic School, But You'll Love Our Online Traffic School and Defensive Driving.
Thousands of independent, verified reviews from real California Traffic School students
~ Lina S. in California ~
~ Jane G. in Los Angeles ~
fast & easy
~ Mark B. in Downey, CA ~